Peppermint Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 1 17.5 oz. package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1-3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- 18-20 dark chocolate Hershey kisses
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.Dump cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add softened butter, egg and one tablespoon of flour.
3.Using an electric mixer or your hands, mix until it forms a soft dough.
4.Divide dough in half. Add peppermint extract to one half. Knead it into the dough until well-incorporated. Add a tablespoon of flour if dough is too sticky.
5.Add red food coloring to the other half. Start with 4 drops of food coloring, and add more until you get a nice, deep pink color. Add a tablespoon or two of additional flour if the dough is too sticky.
6.Pinch off a teaspoon of pink dough and a teaspoon of white dough. Stick together and form a ball.
Important: Don't knead them together, or the dough will all turn pink. You want a nice candy cane stripe.
7.Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.
8.Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.
Chocolate Trifle Dessert
1 pkg. Brownie mix
1 6oz. pkg. Chocolate Instant Pudding (Sugar Free)
(it's what I had on hand)
1 6oz. pkg. Vanilla Instant Pudding (Sugar Free)
(again it's what I had on hand)
3 Baby Ruth candy bars (sliced)
3 Heath candy bars (broken in pieces)
1 12oz. Cool Whip & 1 8oz. Cool Whip (or 2 8oz.)
1. Make brownies according to pkg. direction (set aside)
2. Make Chocolate Instant Pudding according to pkg. (pour 1/2 into bottom of Trifle bowl to make bottom layer)
3. Break up (in your hands) cooled brownies & put 1/2 on top of Chocolate pudding
4. Top that with 10oz. of Cool Whip Put the rest of the Chocolate Pudding on top of Cool Whip layer
5. Put (crushed or broken pieces of Heath bar) for next layer (It won't cover all...that's OK)
6. Make Vanilla Instant Pudding (according to pkg.) & put all of it in bowl as the next layer
7. Next...put (sliced) Baby Ruth Candy bars as the next layer...Put the rest of the crumbled brownies on top of that.....
8. Finish with the rest of the Cool Whip & put a Christmas Flower on top & refrigerate for 3hrs.